Adams Morey – Adams Morey Southampton
A new opportunity has arisen to join the business as a Vehicle Painter/Paint Sprayer at our Southampton site.
What you’ll be doing:
- Pre-paint preparation, preparing vehicles to be painted by hand or machine
- Priming painting and lacquering
- Rectification of cosmetic defects
- Co-operate and assist other personnel in the repair and preparation of vehicles
- Repair to manufacturer standards
- Painting damaged vehicles that have been repaired to a high standard
- Be conversant in the up-to-date water-based paints systems
- Mix and match paint by eye or by using computer technology to ensure correct colour match
- Apply primer and finishing coats using spray guns and rub down surfaces between coats
- Touch up paintwork and apply polish to vehicles
- Remove masking papers before waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- Treat vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals.
- Paint spraying the entire vehicle
- Working in a spray booth to ensure paint is confined to the specific areas.
What we need from you:
- Knowledge of blending paintwork essential
- Previous body shop and vehicle paint sprayer experience is essential
- Must be comfortable in a painting environment
- Must be reliable, conscientious and hardworking.
- Good attention to detail and a high regard for customer care.
- A team player & strong communicator who is able to take responsibility for the quality and quantity of work they undertake.
- It is also essential that you hold a current and valid driving license.
In return we’ll offer:
- 22 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Competitive employer pension
- Career development opportunities
Who we are:
Adams Morey is a part of the Greenhous Group which holds a position as one of the leading independent commercial enterprises in the UK. Adams Morey itself was launched in 1973 and has successfully built an extensive customer base in the truck and van marketplace along the south coast with its company headquarters in Southampton. We are the main DAF truck dealers in the area offering sales, parts and servicing in each of the towns and cities we operate in. As a combined group we account for more than 100,000 vehicle sales annually with a combined turnover in excess of £1bn.